Department / Project : Program Support Unit (PSU)
Position : Senior Deputy Finance Manager
Supervisor : Finance Manager
Grade : A1
Salary : Started from $1,126 per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Dili base with travel to field offices
Position Supervises : Accountant, Project Finance Officers, Junior Finance officer and Field Finance officers
Contract period : 1 year
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
CARE’s long-term program will focus on women and girls in rural disadvantage areas with four priority areas: SRM Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The role of the SDFM is to provide high-level support to Finance Manager to managing and overseeing the country office finance function and providing technical oversight to the field office function. The SDFM also ensures the project accounting is done properly and on time including management of project cycle and reporting requirements. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to taking the lead on Partnership Management, Asset Module development and implementation, the internal control strategy and implementation, directly supervise the Accountant, the Project Finance Officers and the Field Finance Officers and provide the sufficient back during absence of Finance Manager to ensure there is no interruption in finance operation.
- Country Office Accounting
Under the guidance of the FM, the SDFM supports to:
– Ensure the integrity of the General Ledger with no error in coding and allocation
– Ensure adherence to finance policy in all accounting and financial transactions
– Ensure the safekeeping of accounting information and supporting documentation
– Reviewing the reconciliations of balance sheet, cash and bank accounts weekly and monthly including ensuring the sufficient balance in cash and bank
– Oversee the payroll and benefit calculation and payment for national staffs
– Complete the end of month and fiscal year process according to the timetable
– Ensure the timely production of accurate and meaningful financial reports for senior management, HQ, budget holders and donors.
– Provide support and information as required in Operating budget preparation including posting the budget into SUN System
– Maintain and improve the finance system and procedures (manual and computerized) as required
- Project Accounting
SDFM will work collaboratively with FM in supporting from project design until the project ends in terms of the financial management issues as follows:
– Provide support and information during the preparation of project proposal until submission
– Set up the new project (Tcodes, CoA, contract documents and filling) after approval from the donor including ensuring the Tcodes are posted into SUN properly
– Ensure that the project finance officer provides timely, reliable and accurate support in process of preparing Costed work Plan (CWP) and monthly forecast, monitoring project expenditure, the adjustment journals, the budget review and amendments, project reporting, project acquittal and project audit.
– Take a lead on partnership financial management process – selection process, capacity assessment, Financial Reporting, risk management
– Review and supervise project finance officer in performing the project accounting according the COFM, other local policies and donor requirements
– Respond to the finance queries from senior management, HQ, budget holders, donors and auditors
– Visit the project sites and partners when necessary
- Field Office Operation
– Involve in setting up the new field office including conduct necessary finance training for field office staffs
– Ensure the sufficient resources (funds and skilled staffs) for finance operation in the field offices
– Work collaboratively with the base administrator, project staff and other departments to provide the sufficient support for field office operation
– Have regular visit to the field offices
– Recommend any improvement for finance operations in the field office
- Asset Module
– Collect the required data for implementing Asset Module in SUN
– Develop and implement the Asset Module in SUN under guidance of the FM and Finance HQ
– Maintain the update of asset module and recommend the improvement when necessary
– Working collaboratively with related unit (Logistic and IT department) to ensure the asset data in SUN are accurate and up to date.
- Internal Controls
– Provide support and advice to the FM relating the internal controls strategy and plans required in the country office and the field offices
– Supervise the finance team to implement the internal control strategy and plans and report the updated progress to the FM
– Conduct the internal control checklist for the field office according COFM in regular time
– Taking part in fraud investigation if required
– Organize and facilitate fraud prevention training and other trainings related to internal control strategy and plans
- Finance team supervision, capacity building and leadership development
– Directly supervise Accountant, Project Finance Officers, Junior Finance officer and Field Finance Operations, prepare the annual appraisal, develop the work plan and capacity development plan for them
– Organizing (and in some cases delivering) training of staff, managers and partners in all aspects of financial management and donor guidelines.
– Provide effective back-up when the absence of the FM and ensure the smooth finance operation during that time
– Assisting the audit conducted in-country
– Involve in SUN implementation including provide SUN training for new staff and work together with Finance CARE Australia and IT for issues on SUN.
– Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and ensure a consistent application of, and compliance with, CARE safety and security policies and procedures
– Demonstrate understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity
– Uphold and promote CARE’s commitment to Child Protection
– Conducted yearly fraud training to all CITL staff member
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or equivalent preferably with recognized accountant qualification (CPA/CA/CMA)
- Experience at least five years in supervisor accounting level, preferably in International NGO
- Experiences in handling projects report from various donors (EC, AUSAID, USAID etc) will be an advantage.
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in finance software’s (SUN highly desirable) and MS Office (Windows, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills. Facilitator skill is an advantage
- Demonstrated the analytical skills and details oriented
- Proven ability to work under pressure and manage the workload to completing critical deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to CARE values (Respect, Excellence, Diversity and Integrity) and teamwork.
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with three references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) firstname.lastname@example.org OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline on 20th of May 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.
Peter Raynes | Country Director | CARE International in Timor Leste
Address: Aldeia Rio de Janeiro, Bairo Pite, P.O. Box 265 Dili Timor Leste,
Tel.:+670 3321407, Mobile:+670 77311807, Fax:+670 3322651