Human Resources (HR) Manager
- Locally Engaged Position
- Fixed-term duration from mid-November 2018 to May 2021
- Based in Dili, Timor-Leste
The Australia Timor-Leste Partnership for Human Development (PHD) supports the Government of Timor-Leste’s Strategic Development Plan 2011-2030 and reflects Australia’s commitment to work in partnership with Timor-Leste to enhance human development over the next decade. PHD’s vision is to improve the wellbeing of all people in Timor-Leste. PHD brings together, under one program, Australian Government investments in health, education, sanitation, water, nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection.
The Human Resources (HR) Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the HR function for the program and providing strategic and operational expertise on people related matters. The position will lead a team of 2 HR Officers in the delivery of HR services, with responsibilities for key areas:
- Assist the Executive team in shaping workplace culture, organisational development and staff planning, aligned with approved strategy and work plans
- Manage the recruitment and selection for PHD program staff (ARF Advisers and locally engaged personnel) to ensure that quality hires are made on time, to meet program deliverables
- Oversee the coordination of end to end HR processes including induction, visas, mobilisation and demobilisation procedures
- Coordinate performance planning and review cycle and support managers on managing performance, counselling and coaching of teams
- Lead on training needs analysis; develop and implement learning and development initiatives to build capacity of program staff
- Oversee payroll function and administration of employment contracts; periodically review and advise on the remuneration and benefits framework for locally engaged staff
- Monitor industrial relations and legislations relevant to Timor-Leste and provide advice on complex HR case management to the Executive team on actions to minimise risks
- Work closely with Deputy Team Leader Operations to oversee Occupational Health and Safety Procedures
We are seeking an experienced senior HR Manager with substantial (10+ years) experience in leading HR services for similar international development programs. Practical experience of end-to-end HR services for skilled program staff and a commitment to leading a strong learning and development culture is essential. Familiarity with expatriate management or knowledge of the Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) is highly desirable.
Further Information and How to Apply
Full details on the Terms of Reference for this position can be found from the Careers page of Abt Associates website at http://abtjta.turborecruit.com.au/job/jobDetailsPreview.cfm?id=1026205
Applications can also be lodged through PHD Human Resources email email@example.com Please insert the job title in the email subject heading. All applications are to include a current CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.
Closing date: Monday 27 August 2018 (midnight AEST)
We welcome and thank all applications received, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
Human Resource | Partnership for Human Development
1st Lane, Block E01-12, Palm Business & Trade Center
Surik Mas, Fatumeta Bairro-Pite, Dili, Timor-Leste
E: firstname.lastname@example.org |