Ronaldinho leaves Fluminense

0
324

RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept. 29 (Xinhua) — Two-time FIFA World Player of the Year winner Ronaldinho has parted ways with Brazil's Fluminense, less than three months after joining the club.

In a statement on their official website late on Monday, Fluminense said the decision was made by mutual consent. The 35-year-old failed to score or make an assist in nine appearances for the Rio de Janeiro club. He was booed by his own fans during a 2-1 defeat to his former club Atletico Mineiro in the Brazilian Serie A championship last month.

Fluminense stressed the parting was on friendly terms and claimed the forward's spell at the club had been a success. "Fluminense hereby announces the end of the contract with Ronaldinho amicably and in mutual agreement between the parties," the club' statement said. "Fluminense and Ronaldinho retain close ties and plan to work on other projects in the future.

"It should be noted that the player's hiring met all expectations with regarding to marketing returns, increasing ticket and shirt sales for the club as well as attracting a number of partners. Ronaldinho's recruitment also showed that Fluminense are capable of attracting the greatest players in world football."

Ronaldinho joined Fluminense on July 11 after being released by Mexico's Queretaro with more than a year left on his contract. Fluminense are currently 12 in Brazil's top flight, six points above the relegation zone with 10 matches remaining. 

HUSIK RESPOSTA